Zippy Zucchini Cake
When you don’t know what to do with that last green zucchini and you’re craving an out of the ordinary dessert.
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 small zucchini, shredded and drained (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease square pan, 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inches. Mix brown sugar, butter , vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves. Stir in zucchini and nuts.
Spread batter in pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost with Clove-Spiced Frosting. Cut 6 row b;y 4 rows. Yields 24 servings.
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 to 4 teaspoon milk
Mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable.